BOP insurance Business Owners’ Insurance Policy (BOP) combines the company’s property insurance and the company’s liability insurance into a single commercial insurance policy. BOP Insurance helps cover your business against claims resulting from fires, thefts, or other covered disasters. Business owners’ insurance also covers claims that may result from the operation of your business. These include claims for personal or property damage. They also include claims related to personal and advertising damages.
Businesses can adapt their Business Owners’ Insurance Policy (BOP) to meet their specific needs by adding optional coverage such as
- Data breach
- Income from non-institutional utilities
- Other specialty coverage
A BDP policy is excellent because it can be tailored to the specific needs of each industry. This means that it is ideal for businesses of all sizes, especially small businesses. Multi-risk policies, such as the business owners’ insurance policy, are designed to cover businesses that typically face the same risks. Personalizing your BDP insurance is a necessary first step to ensuring your business. You need to do this from the beginning to protect yourself from loss and damage from the start.
Who needs an insurance policy for business owners?
You should consider taking out business owner insurance if:
- Your business has a physical location. No matter where you do business, it’s important that your business and assets are covered. Your BOP policy can help you cover businesses operating from your home, office, store, or garage rented or owned by your business.
- You may be sued. For example, let’s say a client who has been injured in your workplace slips and falls. Without the proper insurance of the business owner, you may have to pay a significant fee to cover the client’s medical expenses.
- You have a property that could be stolen or damaged. Whether it’s digital goods, customer data, equipment, furniture, money, or inventory, some goods can be very difficult to replace. With BOP insurance, you don’t have to worry about where the money comes from if you have a property that has been stolen or damaged.
What is the advantage of a corporate policy?
Purchasing an insurance policy from business owners is smart and convenient. It simplifies coverage needs by including company property insurance and corporate liability insurance. These are two important blankets combined into one.
Hartford’s Business Owner’s Policy (BOP) offers businesses a way to save money while getting extended coverage for things like
- Loss of income
Our BOP policy is a more affordable option than purchasing liability insurance policies and separate professional property. This policy is an even smarter and more convenient choice for business owners, as you can add other warranties. Companies with specific needs can adapt their professional liability insurance policies by adding guarantees such as
business income for out-of-establishment utilities
- Data breach
- Professional responsibility
- What does a business owners’ insurance policy (BOP) usually include?
The business owner’s insurance generally includes:
Commercial property insurance. Hartford Property Insurance can help you protect your business assets:
This may include:
Commercial property insurance can cover losses of debt, papers, and valuable records.
- General liability insurance. When it comes to liability, the broader the coverage, the better. To get the coverage you require, consider The Hartford’s BOP policy. Our policy offers professional liability insurance that helps you in case you are sued for causing damage to a person and/or damage to property. It also helps you cover the costs of your defense. Companies can be sued even if it is not clear that they were wrong.
- Business income insurance. If unexpected events result in a suspension of your business activities due to a covered claim, The Hartford’s Professional Income Insurance Policy can help. Our BDP can help you replace lost revenue to help you meet your ongoing financial obligations. These include significant monthly employee benefits such as payroll and any other financial payments owed to them. This also includes essential payments such as rent.
There are additional guarantees that you can add to your business owner’s insurance policy to tailor coverage to your specific needs. Here are two popular optional warranties that you can add to your business owners’ insurance policy:
Coverage against data breaches. Any company that processes or stores information about customers, patients or private employees is at risk of data breaches. When this sensitive information is lost or stolen, it is important to act quickly. Acting quickly helps you restore confidence in your business. If a breach occurs, Hartford’s data breach coverage can help you pay
- Notification of those affected
- Use credit monitoring services if warranted
- Public relations
We also offer coverage to help cover defense and settlement costs. In addition, our data breach coverage can help you cover these costs if your business is sued for a data breach. We also offer coverage when you store private data abroad.
Other hedging options can help:
- Replace lost income and pay for additional expenses incurred. This allows your business to continue to operate when it has to temporarily close or slow down operations due to a covered data breach.
- Protect a company from a data breach that occurred before the BOP policy came into effect.
- Pay extortion expenses and ransoms related to the threat of a data breach.
- Hartford’s data breach coverage includes access to professionals who can help guide you. They will teach you how to prevent violations and how to deal with them if they happen.
Coverage of professional liability (errors and omissions). You put your professional judgment and expertise on the line almost every day. Even when companies have done nothing wrong, they can be sued. For example, companies may be sued by clients who allege negligence or errors in professional services. Professional liability insurance can help you protect yourself from such claims. However, some types of businesses may not benefit from this coverage.
Beyond the business owner’s insurance policy
Do you have any employees?
Business Owners’ InsuranceFor companies with employees, workers’ compensation insurance is important. It is generally taken out separately from a business owners’ insurance policy (BOP). It is also mandatory in most states.
Workers’ Compensation Insurance pays the medical expenses of an employee or family in the event of a workplace accident:
Workers’ compensation also helps to cover an employee’s income if he or she is out of work due to a covered illness or accident. This is an additional option that you can add to your workplace accident insurance policy to protect you and your employees from the unexpected.
Does your company own, lease, or lease vehicles?
For companies that use cars and trucks, commercial auto insurance is another important policy to consider. This policy helps protect your business from financial loss when an employee is found responsible for a car accident.
The Hartford BOP Insurance
No matter what type of business you have, BOP insurance can be expertly tailored to your business. Our Hartford representatives will accompany you throughout the process of selecting the warranties that are right for you. Although we are one of many insurance companies that offer BOP policies, we are confident that we have the coverage that works for you. Ask for a BOP insurance quote today.